We are delighted to announce dates for our annual year end?update courses. These are both popular and important courses for school bloggers as they allow you to get your class blogs, teacher logins and children logins organised for the new school year with an expert on hand to guide you through the process. It is important to note that your annual hosting fee does not include setting up blogs and logins for September.
There are?3 options for setting up your blogs for next year:
- Work through the step-by step year end guide yourself – link here (free, just your time)
- Attend a course (?75)
- Book John to do the updates for you (?250 + travel, or ?350 if including a refresher staff meeting)
Auto Updating Your Blog
In the last year we have been trying lots of different tools to explore ways that you can update your blog automatically from lots of different sources such as Twitter, Instagram, Audioboom etc. These tools and methods have the capability of saving lots of teacher time as well as making your blog a much more effective communication tool. To share these skills the morning of the update day will be used to demonstrate how simple it is to integrate your blog with a wide range of social media and other tools.
Friday 17th June, Berkshire ? ? Manor Primary School, Reading
Tuesday 22nd June, Wigan, venue TBC
Friday 24th June, West Yorkshire ? ? Enquire Learning Trust, Wakefield (limited availability as ELT schools take precedence)
Monday 27th June, London ? ? West Thornton Academy, Croydon
Monday 11th July, Notts ? ? Haggonfields Primary School, Worksop
Tuesday 12th July, Manchester ? ? Chorlton Park Primary, Manchester
Wednesday 13th July, ?Newcastle-upon-Tyne ? Benton Park Primary, Newcastle
Demand permitting we may run some courses in September, too.
Morning Session – 9:30am – 12:00pm
How to automate adding content to your blog including:
- Posting pictures to your blog using Twitter and Instagram;
- Posting updates from a school Facebook page;
- Posting video from Vimeo and audio from Audioboom;
- How to integrate Flickr using the Slickr Flickr plugin;
- How to use the Autoblog plugin;
- How to use Gravity Forms (time permitting)
Afternoon Session – 1pm – 3:30pm
Setting up your blogs for the new school year.
To book a place or places on one of our courses, or to book a half day update consultancy please fill in the form below.