Blogging has been the single biggest impacting resource I have used in 11 years of teaching – transforming pupil engagement!
David Mitchell, former headteacher and expert educational blogger.
Why should your school consider setting up blogs?
- To celebrate pupils’ learning and achievements.
- To provide real audience and purpose for children’s writing across the curriculum.
- To promote standards in literacy and facilitate peer review.
- To develop safe opportunities to collaborate with other schools and outside experts.
- To encourage the wider community to get involved in the work of your school.
- To offer visitors a ‘window’ into the everyday excellence that takes place in your school.
- To distribute the workload of maintaining a website more evenly across the school staff.
- To give a platform for pupil voice to be heard and developed.
- To allow stakeholders such as governors or parents’ groups to participate in the school’s web presence.
- To provide a secure and authentic environment through which children can explore and learn about the world of digital literacy.